Monday, April 6, 2015

College

For me, as my mom, my heart breaks when my children are disappointed. I know that disappointment and being told no or you are not good enough are parts of life, but it still hurts to hear at any age.

I am a believer that things happen for reason, try telling that to a child that doesn't get into there DREAM school. They don't realize how many great schools are out there. I always say that schools, or insert anything, are like Baskin Robbins ice cream, they have 31 different flavors, there's something for everyone!

My children are deciding which colleges to go to, they are seniors in high school. It is a tough decision. Its hard enough deciding where to apply, let alone where you wind up going. Some colleges are kind enough to make the decision for you. Some are so expensive you have to tell your child, after they took hours to fill out the application then the anxiety of waiting to hear if they got in that they can't even go. The price of some of these schools is crazy, Who has that kind of money 50,000-60,000 a year. Hello people I have triplets,smart triplets, I have saved money, but clearly not enough. The government says they will help, but not really. There are lots of scholarships out there, but Omg, its like writing a novel or giving up your first born to get one.

One of mine knows where he is going. One down, two to go. I hope whenever they decide they have fun and of course learn something. I will let you know when they have all decided.

Good luck to all the college bound students out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment